Is PHP Dead
This articles will not be long I promised, cause I’m jumping to facts right away. I’m going to answer the question is PHP dead, and hopefully, put some light into this subject; so that people know the truth.
is PHP Dead?
Hell no, and not because I say it but because sites like W3Techs.com have FACTS. The reason why people think this, is because some other technologies have come and there is always a BUZZ about new things.
Click here W3Techs.com to check the FACTS on PHP real quick
Here are some FACTS!
- PHP 7 is SUPER FAST, like 10 times faster than before
- New Features for advanced users
- 78.9% or more of the internet is using it, so you can find JOBS easily
- It’s easy to develop anything in PHP
- It stacks up with other technology very easily
- It’s easy to find PHP developers
- PHP has dropped a little but what technology doesn’t after 30 years
- Even if PHP declines, at this rate it will take over 25 years to be at 50% instead of the 78.9% that it is now, and that will NOT happen because of all the support it has.
- You will need to know PHP in any web developer job you get
- You can build APPS really fast and easily with all the frameworks it has
Who Uses PHP? Almost 80% of the web and TOP companies like:
Cloudflare, Rackspace, Tesla, Angie’s Lists, Lyft, BigCommerce, BitTorrent, Udemy, Google, Facebook, Flickr, Digg, Wikimedia, Yahoo, Zynga USES PHP. Do I need to say more?
News for everybody
PHP is NOT going anywhere, anytime soon; especially with all the community working on making PHP better and faster on every new version.
Too Much Hype
There is a lot of hype on other technologies that are SUPER complicated and the learning curve is CRAZY long.
Imagine if you jump into everything that comes out and promises to be the best, and then once the hype is gone, the technology is gone as well.
What will happen to all the time you invested in it? Wasted fellas, wasted time and money.
Keep creating with tools that make it simple to make apps and keep honing your skills every day. Don’t always follow all the comments you hear, why? Because if you jump into everything you hear, you will never master anything and stay in a CRAZY loop of not achieving anything in life.