Java As The First Coding Language For Students
If you are a student who starts learning programming, Java, ask yourself several questions. What are the main benefits of learning Java as the first programming language? How hard is it to learn Java? When students are just starting out in IT, it’s challenging to know which coding language to focus on. Many experts believe that Java is a great first language for students to learn. In this article, you will learn the origins of Java, its advantages, what exactly you can build using Java.
The world of programming is exciting and challenging at the same time. Students who just start their IT course should be patient and ready to invest a lot of time and efforts. If you want to concentrate on programming but have additional college homework, ask to do my college homework at online writing services. It is the place where many students find help with writing academic papers or essays.
What is Java?
What are the benefits of using Java over similar programming languages?
Java is the top coding language, which has many significant advantages. It is a high-level computing platform, which was developed by Sun Microsystems in 1995. Java has been updated many times starting with Java SE 8.0 and finishing with the latest version Java 12, released in March 2019. It gained great popularity thanks to multiple configurations. Nowadays, the importance of web/mobile-based applications is growing. Java is considered the best foundation for creating networked applications. It is useful for scripting, web-based content, enterprise software, games, and mobile applications.
Applications designed on Java
Many enterprises use Java. For example, Oracle, around three billion devices, run various applications, which are created on the Java development platform. Let’s have a look at some applications which were designed using Java:
- Desktop GUI apps;
- Various embedded systems;
- Such web apps as eCommerce apps, front/back office electronic trading systems, settlement systems, confirmation systems, numerous projects for processing data, etc.;
- Web/application servers;
- Android applications;
- Enterprise, scientific apps;
- Middleware products.
What are the main advantages of using Java?
Java offers programmers high functionality and portability. Any program, which is written in Java platform, can run across all kind of systems: desktops, mobiles, embedded systems.
- Java is simple, free of charge, and object-oriented. It supports multi-threading.
- Java offers users multimedia/network support.
- Java is a stable and predictable coding language.
- Users have access to the Java Class Library, which is the best for enabling cross-platform development.
- Being highly popular at the enterprise, embedded and network level, Java has an active community thanks to being very popular at the enterprise.
- Java is a more independent platform comparing to C and C++. It is a bytecode language, which means that users can run the same program on any machine with installed JVM.
- Java offers such development tools as Eclipse SDK or NetBeans, which are known for their debugging capability.
- Java is compatible with Scala, Groovy, JRuby, and Clojure.
- Java is relatively compatible from one version to the next one.
- Students are highly recommended to use Java as their first programming languages. Let’s have a look at how Java differs from C++.
Simplicity in the learning process
If you compare Java and C++, Java is much simpler to learn and understand. Using Java, you will learn the essential concepts and syntax faster.
Forget about pointers
Java does not use pointers at all because they are confusing even for experienced programmers. That is why students should not use pointers without in-depth knowledge and experience.
Java has a core philosophy to write one program and run it on any device. It is one of the most significant advantages of Java that its compiled code can run on different platforms without the need for recompilation.
Java offers its users professional automatic memory management to prevent any memory leakage in created applications.
By using JIT compiler, programmers can execute Java bytes codes much faster. The process of execution of C and C++ is slower compared to Java.
Users of Java can make multi-threaded applications. Concurrency is one of the critical features of the Java platform. By using multi-threading, you will use the same memory location.